PILATES TEACHER TRAINING
Become a Certified Pilates Instructor and pass along your passion to others!
Fall Semester Training November 2018
Saugatuck Studios is the proud home of a branch of Kane School – a comprehensive Pilates certification well-known for its intensive study of anatomy, biomechanics, injuries and palpation skills.
Already Pilates certified? We offer a comprehensive bridge program.
Spring Training Dates: mid-November to end of December (dates forthcoming)
core muscle anatomy
Get to know the map of the body. Pre-requisite for equipment certification and Comprehensive Pilates Mat training.
The Kane School Comprehensive Pilates Mat Training is a 65-hour advanced Pilates mat certification program that is singular in its attention to assessment, biomechanics and application of musculoskeletal anatomy to the human form.
equipment certification: basic training phase I & II
Kane School certifications teach the traditional basic, intermediate, and advanced exercise series on the Reformer, Cadillac, High Barrel and Wunda Chair, while integrating the Kane School Core Principles. Students learn the pioneering Kane touch instruction and exploration of manual perception skills through exercises and practical techniques, biomechanics, special populations, and advanced teaching techniques.
- Beginner Choreography / Exercises
- Intermediate Choreography / Exercises
- Advanced Choreography / Exercises
- Special Populations
- Advanced Teaching Techniques
The Kane School training at Saugatauk Studios in Westport, CT was wonderful – the sophistication and excellence of big city Pilates philosophy in a small, boutique studio sitting right on the Saugatauk River. Hands on and informal environment provided lots of opportunity for in-depth discussions. Fran is a true “Teacher’s Teacher” -very knowledgeable and can deliver both the technical and practical aspects of the Kane School with ease.
- Peggy Lyons
Fran has such a deep knowledge and enthusiasm of anatomy and a passion for the art of mechanics. she generously goes above and beyond to be sure you have the correct information and understanding of an exercise. Fran challenges you to think beyond what the manual reads. She is inspirational.
- Kelly Brewer
If you’re curious and passionate about the body, then the Kane School Pilates certification is for you. I love the program’s attention to detail, and their holistic and open-minded approach to the body. Fran Hoyte’s knowledge and expertise is a real asset to the Kane certification process. Her kindness and personal touch make our get-togethers not only informative, but fun.
- Cindy Castro
“The Kane School Teacher Training program is an academic approach to the study of the Pilates Method. The curriculum focuses on developing teachers who are equipped to work with healthy individuals as well as individuals with underlying compensations and orthopedic injuries in a safe and effective way. Through the intensive study of musculo-skeletal anatomy, biomechanics, injuries, movement pathologies and development of manual assessment skills, Kane School graduates have developed a reputation as some of the most qualified and sought after Pilates professionals in the field.
“The Kane School educational community supports teachers in training through exposure to the latest clinical injury information, monthly programming lectures and hands-on tutoring with experienced teacher trainers. The final step of teacher training, a guided apprenticeship, provides an effective bridge to becoming a confident teacher. Our mission in the Kane school educational community is for every student to realize her individual path towards becoming visionary teachers, compassionate guides, inspiring coaches, and informed movement educators through rigorous study of an evolved approach to the Pilates Method. It is our mission to educate and empower Pilates professionals to help clients bridge the gap between injury & health.”
–Kelly Kane, founder of the Kane School
- What we expect from you: to work hard, study the material as we go along, complete homework assignments, be ethical and a support to each other.
- What you can expect from us: is a partner in your learning & supportive learning community.
step 1: core muscle anatomy OR test out of this step
- Pre-requisite for equipment certification and Comprehensive Pilates Mat training. - 18 hours total, however, if we have a small group, this will take 12 hours of lecture and hands on learning.
step 2: comprehensive mat
- Core Muscle Anatomy or anatomy entrance exam required; pre-requisite to Basic Training.
- 4 days
basic training Phase I & Phase II
- Anatomy and Comprehensive Mat are required
- basic training phase I & II Fridays/Saturdays for a total of 7 weekend modules.
- Phase I is “boot camp” where we expect you work on the “choreography” or exercises.
- Phase II is touch, biomechanics, special populations, advanced teaching techniques. This IS one of the features that distinguishes the Kane School Teacher Training from any other Pilates schools. These modules as part of their curriculum and the touch module is the original Kane body of work.
- You will also learn the expected ethics and basic business of Pilates, and the science & art of teaching.
- Voice, Speech, Presentation Skills – This is a specific add-on, just here at Saugatuck Studios.
- Since this is one of the most robust programs, generally student-teachers usually finish their apprenticeship in 1 year.
Phase I: Intermediate Choreography
Phase I: Advanced Choreography
Phase II: Touch
Phase II: Biomechanics
Phase II: Special Pops
Phase II: Adv. Teaching Techniques including voice, speech, business of being a teacher, pulling it all together